One of the benefits of cruising is the opportunity to leave the stresses of daily life behind. At sea, you can relax and unwind, far removed from the demands of work and your usual fast-paced routine.
But what if there’s a big game with your favorite sports team right in the middle of your cruise? You love the opportunity to get away, but it sure would be nice if you could at least see that one big game – or even get the chance to watch the Rio 2016 Summer Olympic Games on your vacation.
ESPN has an answer for sports fans.
From now through August of 2016, ESPN offers live coverage on all major Caribbean cruise lines of the biggest games and sports events of the year. These sports events include the Rio 2016 Summer Olympic Games (August 5 – 21) and the 2016 UEFA European Championship (June 10 – July 10).
While cruising to top Caribbean destinations, you can kick back and relax watching your favorite team. Cruisers can access more than 700 live sports events, including the following top events:
- Rio 2016 Summer Olympics: More than 200 hours of live competition including the opening and closing ceremonies, along with original programming, including the weekly Countdown to Rio
- The ICC World T20
- NBA: 45 regular season games, All-Star Weekend, the Eastern Conference Finals and the 2016 NBA Finals
- Tennis: The Grand Slam of Asia Pacific, the Australian Open 2016 Tennis Championship Tour, Jan. 18-31, from Melbourne Park, and all along the year other major events including Wimbledon, the French Open and the U.S. Open
- Golf: the Masters, the U.S. Open and the PGA Championship
- NCAA Men’s & Women’s Basketball
ESPN fans will also have access to their favorite ESPN studio shows, including Around the Horn, SportsCenter; Mike & Mike, ESPN FC and Pardon the Interruption.