Go World Travel is reader-supported and may earn a commission from purchases made through links in this piece.
To ensure a smooth application process, it’s important to have a clear understanding of the program’s eligibility requirements and application procedures. The Global Residence Index provides valuable information and strategies for navigating the Greece Golden Visa application process.
The index rates 25 residence programs according to factors of significance to prospective applicants and their families. This includes the destination’s reputation, quality of life, tax benefits, and visa-free or visa-on-arrival access.
If you’re interested in applying for the Greece Golden Visa, you’re not alone. Greece’s Golden Visa program has become increasingly popular among non-EU nationals seeking to obtain EU residency. The program offers various benefits, including access to a thriving real estate market, high returns on investment, and visa-free travel within the Schengen Areas.
By utilizing the information provided by the Global Residence Index, you can make informed decisions and increase your chances of success when applying for the Greece Golden Visa. If you want to know more about real estate investment opportunities for the Greece golden visa, keep reading this article.
Insights and Strategies from the Global Residence Index
- When applying for Greece Golden Visa, it is important to have all the information you need before making your decision. The Global Residence Index provides valuable information and strategies when looking forward to applying for the golden opportunity.
- One important understanding from the Global Residence is that the Greece Golden Visa program offers visa-free travel to the Schengen area. This means that after the application, you can travel to Schengen areas without worrying about other visas. This is a huge advantage for the ones who travel regularly to Europe or have business interests.
- To apply in the Greek real estate market is another strategy the Global Residence Index provides. The Greece Golden Visa Program requires a minimum investment of 250,000$ in real estate.
The GRI suggests that investing in the areas in the making can be a smart move. If you do so, it can lead to increased property value and the conceivable rental revenue.
- The Global Residence Index also recommends working with a reputed lawyer or an immigration consultant when applying for the Golden Visa. These executives will help you with the process. While applying for it, make sure that all the required documents are in hand and that there is no further difficulty.
Planning a last-minute trip to Greece?
Top Experiences and Tours in Greece:
- See the sights with a tour of Meteora Day Trip by Train from Athens
- Explore history with Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon Half-Day Small-Group Tour from Athens
- Explore more with a Thessaloniki: Full-Day Bus Trip to Meteora
Where to stay in Greece:
Benefits of the Greece Golden Visa Application
If you are looking forward to applying to the Greece Golden visa program, you get a range of benefits, making it an attractive option for shareholders. The following, given are some of the benefits. Let’s go through them.
- Visa-free access to the Schengen Areas
The Greece Golden Visa Program allows you and your family to apply for residency by investing in real estate. This residency permission remains valid for 5 years and can be renewed every 5 years as long as you own the property.
You can travel to all the Schengen countries and some of the EU countries that are not a part of the agreement for up to 90 days every six months.
- Add family members
The citizenship program allows you and your family to acquire another citizenship. This, in return, gives the applicants the right to travel freely in various countries and settle there. In the Greece Golden Visa Program, you can add your family members.
This means – your spouse, children, parents-in-law, and your parents. The residency includes the entire family, including children under 21 and siblings as well.
- No minimum stay requirements
Individuals who have talent and are finding new means to accomplish them do not have to limit their lives and business interests to one country.
The Greece Golden Golden Visa program provides high net worth to individuals and the options to relocate and have the right to live, work, study, and receive healthcare facilities in the new country.
The ability to change your residence in a good country and have options in other countries is increasingly an important aspect of international planning.
- The ability to apply for citizenship by adaptation of 7 years
After staying in Greece for 7 years, the applicant may apply for the citizenship through the process of naturalization. This process can only be achieved if the applicant can exemplify that they have established close ties with the country and successfully integrated into Greek society financially and socially.
The naturalization process also demands an exam to verify that the applicant has obtained adequate knowledge of the Greek language.
- Tax benefits
The tax benefit is another benefit that the Greece Golden Visa Program gives as it offers attractive tax benefits to shareholders. Greece’s tax system is based on the national principle. This means that only income earned in Greece is put through Greece taxation. This is a great advantage for the shareholders willing to minimize their tax accountability.
- Access to Greece’s high-quality healthcare and educational system
Greece has a high-quality healthcare system that is accessible to all citizens, including Golden Visa holders. You and your family can benefit from affordable healthcare services that include medical consultations, diagnostic tests, and hospitalization.
The educational system of Greece is well-developed. It provides amazing opportunities to the children of Golden Visa holders. The country has a great range of public as well as private schools that also includes international schools that offer bilingual (English and Greek) education to the children.
- Quality of life
As a member of the EU, Greece offers its residents and citizens several reassuring benefits, including high levels of safety and security, excellent educational opportunities, full-bodied healthcare options, and a dependable rule of law. Thus there is no doubt that you will be served a great quality of life if you have the opportunity to reside in Greece.
How to apply for the Golden Visa?
You must make a qualifying investment in Greece to qualify for the Greece Golden Visa Program. The programs qualifying options are –
- Real estate investments – minimum investment required is 250,000$
- Investment in Greek government bonds – the minimum investment required is 500,000$
- Investment in a legal entity and bank deposit in Greece – minimum investment required is 400,000$
The steps to apply for the Greece Golden Visa are as follows –
- Visit the GDRFA (General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs) Dubai website for the application
- Select the desired Golden Visa for your service
- Fill in the application form
- Attach the required documents and pay the fees
- Finally, submit the application
The process is quick and easy. The processing time for the approval of the application is very quick. It takes 60 days to get processed and counted from the time of submission.
Author Bio: Shaif Mallick