Sunlight Mountain Resort may not be huge, but it’s one of the most affordable resorts in the state. Best of all, it’s near the town of Glenwood Springs. Coloradans flock to this mountain town year-round to soak in the large natural hot springs. The accommodation options in Glenwood are not on the high-end, but the hot springs make up for the lack of luxury. There is something wonderful about sitting in a steaming spring in the quiet night, watching the snowflakes fall. What better way to relax after a hard day of skiing?
Now that you know these things, go enjoy the real Colorado – my compliments. Just remember, if any of the locals asks how you learned these insider secrets, please don’t mention my name. And remember, you never read this article.
If You Go to Ski in Colorado
Colorado Ski Resort Guide
Information on Colorado
Daily ski conditions
Information on Denver
Information on Winter Park
Grand Adventures in Winter Park
Fraser Tubing Hill
How to avoid high-altitude sickness
* Take time to acclimate at lower elevations before heading to the high country.
* Drink lots of water (dehydration occurs quickly at high elevations).
* Eat foods high in carbohydrates.
* Take it easy the first few days.
* If you still encounter symptoms of high altitude sickness, such as headaches, nausea, or dizziness, go down to lower elevation for several days to acclimate.